It's summertime and that calls for being out and about more on the roads. Are you planning a summer road trip, traveling on the weekends to your summer cabin or spending your evenings out enjoying the hot summer nights?
It's time to think about your vehicle and the seasonal maintenance it might need. Here are some tips to ensure safe summer driving this August:
1. Beat the Heat. Your cars cooling system is critical to your summer driving so make sure to give it extra care through the season. 2. Air Conditioning. Make sure your air conditioning won't quit cooling for you this summer, inspect the system for any worn out, damaged belts and that it's clear of any debris. 3. Summer Tread. Opt for All Weather tires or get some summer tires on your vehicle. You'll get more speed, better handling a...
Whether you're listening to the latest podcast or NPR channel, you might just end up wishing you had some great music along for the ride. Music and road trips go hand in hand, and if you're looking for some new tunes, there are many places to find and download music:
iTunes Store Amazon MP3 Spotify Napster eMusic 7digital
There are even more places to find a good song list. But how do you entertain the whole family? Or your best friend who decided to take his or her vacation time, so they could drive with you across the country.
If you're travelling with your family, show tunes are always a great choice. Most of us can even sing along to some of the old standards:
South Pacific West Side Story My Fair Lady Bye, Bye Birdie Grease More genres to choose from, to satisfy most musical tastes: Folk Pop HipHo...
Did you know that distracted driving is becoming the leading cause of traffic accidents? According to the National Safety Council, as many as 40,000 people died in auto accidents last year, which is the highest number since 2007.
One factor that contributes to this statistic is the increasing number of people who own smartphones. Whether it's texting, talking, eating - or anything that takes the driver's attention off the road, a crash can be the unfortunate result of that.
The good news is that there are a few simple steps you can take to keep yourself safer on the road:
1. Don't use your phone while driving. If you have to make a call, make sure to link your vehicle's hands-free system ahead of time if it's equipped with one. Do check your local laws and regulations on what's allowed.
Here comes the sun and rising temperatures, which means an entirely different strategy for car care. Here are six simple tips to help you care for your vehicle as we make way for spring!!
1. Wash and Wax One of the single most important things as spring starts. Allowing debris and grime to build up on your car can affect its paint and finish.
2. Clean the Inside, Too Nobody wants to spend time cleaning out their car during a cold winter day. That's why spring is the perfect time to clean your car's interior, Spring Cleaning we like to call it. Remove and throw away any trash and other items that have accumulated in your vehicle over the winter.
3. Check Your Tire Pressures As air gets warmer again in the spring, tire pressures can increase; If the pressure increases past your manufacturer spe...
Spring time brings rain and the after effects of winter weather, potholes and uneven pavement.
Keep these driving tips in mind before you travel: •Spring showers bring may flowers - and wet driving conditions. Slow down on slick roads, and increase your following distance even when mist begins to fall. Just a small amount of water can mix with oil and grease on the road to create slippery conditions.
•Share the road. Warm weather brings out motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians.
•Understand the impact of medications on driving: For many people, spring means seasonal allergies. Over-the-counter allergy drugs can have side effects or interact with other medications to diminish your driving ability
For anyone in the military, you might have found that buying a car can be a prohibitive expense. If you are away most of the year, then buying a car can feel pointless. However, if you are looking to either get a car for yourself or for your family, then you'll be happy to know that military discounts for GM vehicles just became better than ever before.
This military discount program could help you save several hundred - and in some cases, thousands - of dollars in car investment. All eligible participants can make sure they have a reliable car that can keep everyone safe without seeing all of their hard-earned cash going down the drain!
Getting Your Military Discount with GM Vehicles
• To start off with, you simply need to come and look at the GM store and 'create' your own ideal veh...
When the harsh and cold winters arrive, one thing we need to have working in top condition is our cars. Without cars, we are left to fend for ourselves in the winter which obviously nobody wants to do. At that point, then, you should some more time looking at how to keep your car in the best position and condition that you can.
To do that, here are some of the most common winter c-ART are repairs that you might want do your best to avoid, or risk seeing your Christmas budget vanish without a trace!
• Tire Damage. Alright, so tires aren't the most expensive item to repair on the list but they are still an expense; one you could spend more on than you intended in the wrong situation. Tires make up a large part of the cost for standard car repair in the winter, though, so keep that in mi...
When it comes to getting a car trade-in to go your own way, you can find it's a battle of the mind as much as anything else. Trading a car in and walking in knowing that you just got good value for all of your hard work is very important. However, many people walk out of a dealership all high-fives only to find out that they have been comprehensively ripped off!
To help you avoid that embarrassment, here are some decent car trade-in tips that we live by. With these, you are far more likely to get a car trade-in that is going to really make a big difference.
Getting The Best Car Trade-in Value • Start off by paying attention to market value; with so many price comparison sites out there, ignorance is no excuse. You don't need to be a walking dealership to know a cars value; just look i...
FICO Auto scores are specific industry version. It is delicate and predictive in the potential condition of auto loan repayment crisis. The base FICO Score is created first then adjusted on predicting the probability to pay as agreed in the future such as an auto loan.
FICO score is the basis of FICO Auto Score. FICO Score is the one that designates you in the level of worthiness in any sort of credit. On the other hand, FICO auto score is the one that designates you in the level of worthiness in any sort of credit specifically for auto loans.
Some of the automobile finance lenders use the FICO Auto Score instead of FICO Score. It is essential to know what score lenders need to use in their review process of the credit. They also determine the other information they need to consider in the...
When you are driving around in your car, one of the most common yet easily avoided problems can be overheating of the vehicle. Should this happen to you it can be a source of worry, frustration and confusion.
Thankfully, dealing with an overheated car isn't quite as challenging as it might sound: when managed in the right way, in fact, it can be pretty easy to administer. Let's take a look at what that might entail.
If you are worried about overheating, or it has happened before and you had no solution, you should try and implement the following:
• Look for Steam. Steam is the obvious sign - no smoke without fire, and no heat without steam. If you see steam pouring out, then you have an engine that cannot handle itself. Steam is not something that you should just ignore - and it certainly ...
You've taken the plunge and brought home your shiny new car. It's a thing of beauty which you'll be admiring for a while every time you see it. You'll likely be hearing advice from friends and neighbors who stop by to see your new ride. Here are a few tips to take care of your new vehicle. A little care goes a long way.
Brakes New brake pads on new brake rotors don't really require a break-in procedure. The texture deliberately left on the surface of the iron discs will grind down the fresh surface of the pad material within a few miles. Even so, refrain from high-speed stops or dragging the brakes for a few hundred miles.
Oil Change the oil regularly.
Interior A generous dousing of Scotchgard or a similar protectant on the cloth upholstery and carpets will keep dirt, pollen and mildew from ...
Car shopping means you have a decision to make once you've picked out the vehicle you wish to drive home. FH Dailey Chevrolet would like to shed some light in this post about the differences between buying vs leasing a vehicle. If you are financing your vehicle, leasing is one option. Let's look to see if leasing or buying makes the most sense for you.
Benefits of Leasing a Car
Leasing a car is similar to financing the purchase of the car in many ways, but there are some key differences. You might be able to get more car for less money by leasing. That's because a car loan is based on the full price of a new car, while a lease is based on only a percentage of the car's price. For example, on a $30,000 car, you'd finance the entire $30,000 purchase price with a car loan. With a car lease, y...